There is something so appealing – and so comfortable – about Thai mince on rice, beef or pork.
Fish sauce, plenty of chilli, a fried egg on top.
Perfect mid-week dinner territory.
I’ve typed up very similar, though this one is really quite simple and the addition of the snake beans is always a neat touch.
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 bullseye chillies, sliced and deseeded
4 tbsp vegetable oil plus extra for frying the eggs
750gm beef mince
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp castor sugar
2 cups Thai basil leaves
1 bunch snake beans, cut into 5cm batons
Steam Jasmine rice, to serve
- Heat a wok over a medium heat until hot and ad the oil. Add the garlic and chilli and stir-fry for about two minutes until fragrant. Add the beef and stir fry until the beef is browned and cooked through.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce and castor sugar and stir fry until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the snake beans and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the basil, stir through and remove from the heat.
- Fry four eggs in a separate pan.
- Serve the mince on steamed rice, topping with a fried egg.