160 calories per serve.
And it tastes wonderful and is a breeze to prepare.
It makes lunch the next day.
Which would mean 320 for lunch and dinner combined.
This is a seriously great weeknight meal!
1 ltr chicken stock
2 cups hot water
4cm piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1 bunch of spring onions, sliced (leaving one sliced spring onion for garnish)
2 Thai chillies, one chopped for broth and sliced for garnish
200gm fresh, mixed Japanese mushrooms, chopped
1 bunch, fresh dill
2 chicken breasts
300gm baby bok choy, halved
Bunch fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the chicken stock and water in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the sliced ginger, spring onions, chopped Thai chilli and the dill. Bring the mixture to the boil and then a gentle simmer.
- Add in the chicken breasts and poach until cooked through, around 13 – 15 minutes. Set aside to rest.
- Strain the soup broth into a large bowl and discard all the solids. Return the strained soup broth to the saucepan.
- Test for seasoning and then add the mushrooms for 2 minutes and then the bok choi for another 2 minutes.
- Slice the chicken and divide evenly among four bowls. Ladle over the stock and vegetables and garnish with the remaining chilli, spring onion and plenty of coriander.