This recipe is a no-brainer. It doesn’t take long and doesn’t involve making your own fish stock but you wouldn’t even know.
It’s healthy, hearty, warm, and delicious. A provincial stable from humble beginnings; the undisputed king of fish stews just got a whole lot easier.
For the stock
6 c fish stock
2 bay leaves
1tsp saffron threads
For the base
8 tomatoes cut into small cubes
6 cloves of garlic minced
2 onions thinly diced
2 salmon fillets (no skin) cubed
2 white fish fillets (no skin) cubed
handful of raw and peeled prawns
1 large bunch parsley chopped
- Add the fish stock ingredients to a pan and bring to a boil.
- On medium heat, paint olive oil on the bottom of a heavy-based pot and put in tomatoes, garlic and onions.
- Lay the seafood on top of the tomatoes, garlic, and onions and leave for about 3 mins (enough to heat up the pot).
- Ladle the boiling fish stock into the pot and cover the seafood.
- Sprinkle half the parsley on top and cover. Bring to a soft boil for about 10 mins until seafood is cooked.
- Sprinkle the remaining parsley on top and serve with warm crusty bread.