Makes: 24 cookies
My sister-in-law Lauren (“Lob”, “Lobba”, “LOK”, “LD”, “La La”) is the most generous, thoughtful sister-in-law you could ever ask for. Here she is with Max, a few days old in one of my favourite photos of all time:
Our youngest monkey – Max – was born at the same time that Lauren’s own monkey – Chloe – was born and the bond between us all could not be stronger. These are the spoilt monkeys 20 months on:
Lauren would be the first person I would call if I needed help and she would be the first person to volunteer that help.
So when it came to course #6 of #6 at our wedding – ‘Cookies and Cream’ – Lauren was the first person we thought of.
In Lobba’s trademark style, she trialed a bunch of cookies prior to the big day:
And in true Lobba style, her greatest triumph was on the final day: the ultimate chocolate chip cookie.
About 3 minutes into the course, there were no more chocolate chips or chocolate chip cookies.
As I said, a triumph.
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 1/2 cups sifted, all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet 50/50 white/chocolate chips
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk both sugars in a large bowl and make sure to break up any chunks. Add the melted butter and whisk vigorously for about 1 minute until the mixture forms one mass and starts to pull away from the sides of the bow. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Whisk in one egg to the sugar-butter mixture, stirring until it’s fully mixed in. Scrape the sides of the bowl with your spatula. Whisk in the second egg and the vanilla and scrape the sides of the bowl again.
- Heat the oven to 180c and line and line a baking tray with sprayed baking paper.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine fully with the spatula. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes and the scoop a heaped tablespoon of the mixture for each cookie onto the lined baking tray, ensuring that there is at least 6cm between each scoop. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked and starting to turn golden/brown. Cool on a rack.
2 thoughts on “Lobba’s Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie”
Filing this under URGENT MUST BAKE!!!