Read the ingredients and don’t over think it.
This is Monday done: street-style Thai.
1 tbsp sunflower oil
500gm pork mince
3 cloves garlic
3 birds eye chillies
1 small brown onion
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp kecap manis
1 tbsp oyster sauce
5 sprigs Thai basil leaves
Jasmine rice to serve
- Cook the rice and set aside.
- De-seed the chillies and finely chop with the garlic and onion.
- Heat the oil in a medium-hot wok and fry the garlic, chillies and onion for 2 minutes. Add the pork and break up, working through until almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, fry the eggs until they have a slightly crispy base.
- Back to the pork, add the fish sauce, soy sauce, kecap manis and oyster sauce and stir through; reduce the sauces slightly and add the basil leaves. Stir and remove from the heat.
- Serve on rice with the fried egg on top.