When shopping for Agave Nectar last week – a key ingredient for this cocktail – I remarked to the lady at Dan Murphy’s (a big chain of liquor outlets in Australia) that we had reached the stage of lockdown where we were now investing in more complex cocktails.
“You’re pretty late to it” she said, walking me over to a part of the shop which really showed how late to the party we were. Lordy.
Nat made this cocktail and it is bloody wonderful. Seconds were definitely a requirement.
It isn’t exactly the cocktail from Chiswick though we are claiming it. It’s damn close.
And as I said. It is bloody wonderful.
90ml Patron Silver Blanco Tequila
30ml fresh lime juice
30ml Agave Nectar
4 fresh passion fruits
4 slices red chilli
Mint sprigs to serve
Shave of orange peel to serve
- Scoop the passion fruit into your shaker.
- Add the chilli slices and muddle.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except those to serve.
- Add ice and shake.
- Double strain into two glasses over ice.
- Garnish with orange and fresh mint.8