This is just a great salad.
Like surprisingly great.
Saturday lunch is served!
500gm green prawns peeled
400gm canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained well
2 inner celery stalks, sliced, leaves torn
20 pitted Ligurian olives
8 basil leaves, torn
Crusty bread, to serve
Red Wine Dressing
100ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp oregano leaves, roughly chopped
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Make Red Wine Dressing: combine oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in a screw top jar and shake well to emulsify. Pout into a bowl.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil with 2 tbsp of salt per litre of water.
- Add the prawns to the boiling water and cook for a minute or two. Allow to cool somewhat and then cut into chunks and add to the Red Wine Dressing.
- Add beans, celery, celery leaves, olives and basil and toss until well combined.
- Serve at room temperature with crusty bread.