By Nat Beerworth
Who says being on a diet means you can’t eat burgers? These Turkey burgers are a really nice compromise.
2 cups shredded cabbage (mixed green and red)
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp chives (minced)
2 tsp cilantro (minced)
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
3-4 tsp Sriracha sauce (optional)
500g ground turkey breast
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp fresh ginger (minced)
2 tsp garlic (minced)
4 whole wheat light hamburger buns
1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage, rice vinegar, chives, cilantro, sugar, salt, mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce (if using). Mix well.
- Combine the ground turkey, soy sauce, ginger and ginger. Mix well.
- Form the ground turkey mixture into four equal patties.
- Grill the patties for 3 – 5 minutes per side, or until the center of the pattie measures 75 degrees.
- Toast the buns for 1 minute.
- Serve the burgers on the buns, topped with the slaw and cucumbers.
Serving Size: 1 slider | Calories: 283