Creamy Tarragon Chicken Salad
You want a healthy, tasty chicken salad right?
It is one of my top searches for a weeknight meal or a Saturday lunch.
You want your back covered?
Nat’s got it!
With this awesome, super healthy, utterly moorish number: something I would make en-masse and ready to serve as a lunch or a snack all week.
240 calories per serve. 240!
Nat and this salad are genius.
1kg chicken breast
1 cup chicken stock
⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
⅔ cup reduced-fat sour cream
½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 tbsp dried tarragon
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 ½ cups celery, diced
1 ½ cups, red seedless grapes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 230c.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish in a single layer and pour the stock around the chicken. Bake until cooked through, around 30 – 35 minutes. Allow to cool enough to handle and then cube the meat.
- Meanwhile, toast the walnuts on a baking sheet until slightly golden; around 6 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the celery, grapes and the cooled chicken and walnuts. Stir to coat and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve on a bed of salad: lettuce, tomato, avocado, diced red onion, cucumber, whatever!