Adana-Inspired Turkey-Lamb Kebabs
Last week, we cooked an incredible Turkish stew that asked for Red Pepper Paste, an addition unique (as far as I can tell) to Turkish cooking.
There is a bit of effort in the old paste, though it does add a wonderful smoky heat and the time to prepare it is half the fun.
What to do with the remaining paste however?
These kebabs are your answer.
250gm lamb mince
250gm turkey mince
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp red pepper paste
2 tsp ground sumac
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp salt
125gm Greek yoghurt
- If using wooden skewers, soak for 20 minutes; heat your griddle or BBQ to high.
- Combine all of the ingredients; add a touch of water if necessary.
- Shape into thick sausages and skewer.
- Grill on each side until cooked through.
- Serve with some tzatziki.