Serves: 4 – 8 snacking guests
Another fantastic recipe from Giada De Laurentiis; I recently wrote up her Linguini with Green Beans, Ricotta and Lemon and this dip gets the same superlatives I used for her pasta recipe:
I’m really into dips at the moment and I did this one up on the week alongside a few others. It will easily last the week it will take to dip away at it and it is just so fresh to be able to have a few mouthfuls of dip anytime you get hungry.
As long as you’re not telling yourself that you are hungry all the time because then dip could become a problem!
4 pita breads, split horizontally and cut into 8 wedges
Salt and pepper
1 tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
¼ c parsley leaves
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Process the beans, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice with salt and pepper until coarsely chopped, and then gradually mix in 1/3 cup olive oil until creamy.
- Brush the pita bread wedges with some olive oil, and then sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper.
- Bake until crisp and golden.
- Serve the bean dip with the pita wedges.