What a simple, gutsy dish!
The Spanish certainly do have some fun with their food and after a day marinating and then chargrilled on a really hot grill, this pork is sensational.
And it’s healthy. Ha!
I’ve cooked this and served this a few times over the years though last night it was with eggplant chips, some steamed sugar snaps and a great Bobby Flay Spanish Potato Salad.
A great end to the week and fuel for the start of the new working year. Here is to 2016!
2 tbsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp coarse sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil
500g pork fillet, trimmed of any fat
2 lemons, cut into wedges, to serve
- Mix the paprika, oregano, garlic and salt with the olive oil to make a thick paste.
- Spread the paste evenly over the pork, cover and marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Cut the meat on the diagonal, around 2cm thick.
- Heat a griddle, heavy frying pan or a grill until very hot. Cook the pork for 3 – 4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve at once with the lemon wedges.