By Nat Beerworth
This is a hearty dish that is rich and satisfying. The difficulty here is resisting the red wine to accompany it. A 300 calorie winner.
800gm tomatoes, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 bell peppers, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp paprika
- Add all the ingredients except the eggs to the slow cooker.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 1-2 hours (we cooked it all day in a slow cooker).
- Dig 4 small holes in the shakshuka sauce.
- Crack one egg into each hole.
- Cover and cook an additional 10-20 minutes on HIGH.
Calories: 310 | Total Fat: 3 g