This is one of Bill Granger’s signature dishes and he deserves it to be.
We have had mixed success with some of his dishes, though a good Bill Granger dish is a great one and this is definitely a salad that is great.
It looks simple – because it is – though the whole thing comes together wonderfully.
If you need a side to pair with that piece of lamb you’re doing on the BBQ, this is definitely a salad you should try.
200gm frozen peas
3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
40gm shelled pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
1 large handful fresh mint leaves
60gm baby English spinach
90gm Feta cheese, crumbled
- Blanch the peas until cooked – boiled water or microwaved – until they are tender and bright green. Refresh immediately in cold water, drain and set aside.
- In a small pan, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over a medium heat: add the onion and cook until soft, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, vinegar and honey and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix the peas, onions and pistachios and pour over the dressing. Add the mint, spinach and gently toss to coat with dressing.
- Top the salad with the feta cheese and serve.