One Pot Chicken and Veggie Pasta – Kids
We recently employed a nanny to help with the boys at night.
And when I suggested that she might like to encourage their cooking skills by cooking suitable dinners together, she loved the idea.
Tonight’s dinner was really good and kid friendly on all fronts. And one-pot pasta is genius on so many preparation/cooking/cleaning/genius levels.
And when I say ‘good’, I mean, I had a bowl and loved it good. Local cafe good.
If you have kids and want them to cook/eat, this is a great recipe to try.
If you want to cook/eat, you could do a whole lot worse.
500gm chicken breast, cut into 2cm pieces
3 cups chicken stock
Penne pasta (packet)
1 cup Greek yogurt
3 bunches broccolini florets
1 cup sundried tomatoes
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Season the chicken.
- Over a high heat in a large pot, add the chicken, 2 cups of the stock and the pasta.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 7 – 8 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the broccolini, remaining cup of stock and the yogurt.
- Stirring well, cook for another 7 – 8 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and sundried tomatoes.
- Season and enjoy.