I found this recipe on SBS Food by mistake.
It originates from Morocco, and is so simple to do, the spices turning into a wonderful sauce with the onion and tomato. I cooked it years ago for brunch though this is an anytime dish.
And almost as good as Nat’s famous Mexican eggs.
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ground tumeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground paprika
10 tomatoes, peeled and diced
7 eggs, beaten
1 handful, chopped coriander
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Heat some olive oil in the tagine on the stove, and gently cook the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander and then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a sauce consistency.
- Remove from the heat and pour the beaten eggs over the sauce, cover the tagine lid and place in the over for about 10 – 15 minutes or until it lightly puffs and sers.
- To serve, season well and drizzle with a little olive oil.