This Frank Camorra dish is a doozy.
Super simple, super healthy (haloumi aside I guess), super weekday cooking.
It is Monday night in a nutshell when you need a glimmer of hope – and possibly a vino – to know that Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are within reach.
Save the calories for Friday night and start the week with a Mexican-style chicken breast.
(We used the leftover Pico de Gallo with some pan-fried tuna the next night, adding olives and chopped preserved lemons… two for one and another weekday win!)
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 chicken breasts
4 large ripe tomatoes, diced
1 Spanish onion, finely diced
½ bunch coriander, leaf and stalk chopped
1 Jalapeno chilli, finely diced
2 limes, juiced
400gm haloumi cheese
Salad greens to serve
- Mix the paprika and oil in a bowl; add the chicken and mix well until coated. Cover with clingwrap and leave to marinate for an hour.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, coriander, chilli and lime juice to a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the barbeque or grill. When hot, grill the chicken until well coloured on both sides and cooked through.
- Cut the haloumi into 4 eve slices and grill for a few minutes on each side. Cut into smaller pieces.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half and place on your plates. Place the cut haloumi around the chicken and then spoon the Pico de Gallo liberally over the chicken.
- Serve with the salad greens.